This site is a resource to learn about Youth Media Programs and opportunities in Philadelphia. We hope the site will be useful to young people who are interested in gaining media production skills as well as teachers, parents and program providers who want to learn more about youth media in Philadelphia.
You can explore the Events and Opportunities sections and see a sample of Youth produced media work. If you are interested in contributing or learning more, Contact us! We currently have general meetings each month. We are always looking to expand our network, so we hope to hear from you!
Featured PYMC News:
- August 13, 2014
SEAMAAC’s Hip Hop Heritage Hones Its Craft In Summer Session “Ten seconds” Kevin Ramirez, the youth programs director at SEAMAAC’s Hip..
- July 14, 2014
Through an unassuming looking doorway on Frankford Avenue in Fishtown/Kensington, a dynamic group of young ladies are busy this summer with all things music. At Girls Rock Philly’s Summer Music..
- July 14, 2014
From now until July 30th enter BLKSTR14PYMC at your checkout when you purchase your BlackStar Film Festival pass to receive 20% off! Don’t miss these two upcoming screenings! COMING OF AGE:..
- July 11, 2014
“Liberate your soul, Liberate your people,” Kristine sung out while her hands beat down on a colorful drum. The sound of shakers filled the space between Kristine’s infrequent taps while..
- July 2, 2014
2014 Upcoming Meeting Dates and Locations:
Each Month a different PYMC organization will host the monthly general meeting. 45 mins will be focused on a particular topic, in a peer to peer style presentation or activity. The rest of the meeting will focus on planning PYMC programs and offer time for general updates and networking opportunities. Meetings are open to anyone interested in youth media.
- January 14, 10-11:30am. Center for Media and Information Literacy & POPPYN - Temple University. Room TBD. Meeting Topic: Integrating Media Literacy concepts into your youth media program.
- February 11, 10-11:30am. Free Library. 1901 Vine Street. Meeting Room 118 (west corridor). Meeting Topic: Maker Activities. A hands on session to learn how you can incorporate 'Maker' tools into your youth media programs.
- March 11, 10-11:30am. Philadelphia Student Union. 4205 Chestnut Street. Meeting Topic: How to integrate social justice into media work
- April 15, 10-11:30am. YES Philly. 1231 N. Broad Street. Meeting Topic: TBD
- May 13, 10-11:30am. Girls Rock Philly. 1867 Frankford Ave. Meeting Topic: TBD
- July 15, 10-11:30am. PhillyCAM, 699 Ranstead St. Meeting Topic: Building a Shared Staffing Model for PYMC