1. Arts Entrepreneurship Panel: Arts entrepreneurs under 30 are finding creative and innovative ways to channel their passion for education, arts and
community through theater, social media and lifestyle branding.
2. A Guide to 21st Century Storytelling: Pascal Marcelin: This presentation will explore the evolving
world of storytelling in the 21st Century and share a comprehensive list of the “ready to go” technology tools and resources available to media makers, educators, digital natives and lovers of good stories.
3. Tell It Like It Is: Minister Jazz Abundant. Learn How to use your authentic voice to create positive and effective change using social media. Participants will gain knowledge about FB fanpages, gaining Twitter followers, and how to use Instagram for positive change.
4. Teen Talk. Buzz Club producer Bintu Kabba interviews teens about their opinions on current issues.
1. How to Make Money in the Music Business: Jr. Music Exec. JME will present “How to Make Money in the Music Business”, an open session for parents, students and educators to learn more about how to be financially successful in the music business. Guest speakers, including a musician, musical artist, photographer or graphic designer, and an attorney will help to facilitate the conversation.
2. Connected Learning. Christina Cantrill and Meeno Rami
1. Do Remember Me: Reclaiming an Image: Sannii Crespina-flores: The Do Remember Me project is designed to explore, examine and critique the media and social objectification of young men of color and the consequences within the individual and community. Introduce images of young men, statistical data and myths to engage in dialogue regarding their own self image and shared experiences. ). Instruct students on how to use social-enterprise methodologies to transfer information-communication technologies to community via social generated media.
2. Youth Media Regional Exchange with Wide Angle Youth Media, Educational Video Center and other local and regional video producers.
3. Webmaker Tools: Julia Vallera. Explore Webmaker tools for digital authorship, remix and contribution to the web. Learn how to use tools like Thimble, Popcorn, and X-Ray Goggles to create open and sharable media such as videos, websites and teaching kits. Get hands-on experience combining effective writing pedagogies with deeply engaging free and open digital production on the Web. Explore how you can become part of the supremely supportive Mozilla #Webmaker community.
Closing Performance and Q & A with Tyree Dumas and Dollarboyz
1. Creative Makeup Workshop – Tamaya Magruder
2. XTREME EDGE Fashion Design- Tony Crush
3. Experimental Sound Recording and Jam Session and Building Mics – Girls Rock Philly
4. Easy and Fun E-Textiles and Circuits – Free Library
5. Maker Jawn Sampler – Free Library
6. Beat Making Academy – Dom Clardy
8. Podcasting – Nathan Karuna
9. Art Factory
Community College of Philadelphia
Moore College of Art
West Chester University – Youth Empowerment and Urban Studies
UARTS/Corzo Center for the Creative Economy