The Philadelphia Youth Media Collaborative (PYMC) includes both Core Members and Community Partners. Currently, core voting members are organizations offering youth media arts programming/ activities in Philadelphia and adhering to membership expectations. Community Partners includes any group or individual with a demonstrated commitment to youth media and to advancing the PYMC’s mission. Community Partners’ level of participation may vary from event or workshop participants to planning committee members to institutional partnerships.
Interested in Participating?
Members and Community Partners are encouraged to attend meetings, join working groups, and be an active part of PYMC including cross-promotion of youth media works and activities. Only Core Members have voting privileges and are expected to adhere to Membership Expectations. Core Members are also eligible for funding through resources of the Collaborative. Both Members and Partners are expected to intentionally advance PYMC’s mission and are eligible for Benefits of Participation, with priority given to Core Members. Any Membership Fees adopted by PYMC will be on a sliding scale, based on the organizational budget or individual rate.
- Professional development for staff and constituents
- Distribution opportunities for youth-produced media
- Networking and collaboration opportunities for organizations and individual constituents
- Advocacy, marketing, accreditation, credibility
- Opportunities to access more funding through collective projects
- Resource sharing: equipment, curriculum, space, human resources, news, content
- Promotion of member groups, their events and programs
- Mutual membership benefits and discounts for select activities and opportunities
- Peer-to-peer support
- Demonstrate commitment to the mission and vision of PYMC
- Demonstrate active participation by participating at general meetings or equivalent participation via the email listserv and social networks.
- Complete member profile and surveys as requested, share samples of youth media work, and exchange information relevant to the youth media field
- Participate actively in PYMC leadership, events, committees and projects
- Involve participating youth in PYMC events and decision-making as requested
- Attend and lead professional development opportunities
- Contribute to the sustainability of the collaborative, leverage and share resources including space, equipment, curriculum, and professional expertise when possible
- Promote PYMC to funders, members and the community by distributing overview materials or activity/event promotions and by posting information/logo on relevant websites and promotional materials
- Respect the confidentiality of all PYMC discussions, member information, and intellectual property
Current Core Members:
MEMBERS HUB: GOOGLE SITE