Mark your calendar for Sunday June 5th, and check back often more confirmed performers and special guests!
Let us know you’re coming and spread the word: https://www.facebook.com/events/1133560723331464/
Online tickets can be reserved in advance here: https://www.kimmelcenter.org/pdp-pages/201516/rentals/mashed-media-awards/
#mashedmedia #youthmedia #mediathatmatters
The Mashed Media Awards is a regional competition that honors youth who make innovative, outstanding digital media to artistically illustrate youth perspective in our communities. The showcase features inspiring youth driven projects that offer fresh insights on youth experience and promote social responsibility. The aim of the event is to build new audiences of supporters both adults and youth, who are working together to elevate the voices of the next generation of media makers.
Finalists and Award Winning work will be shown at the Kimmel Center’s Perelman Theater (300 S. Broad St) on Sunday, June 5th, 2016 from 3-5pm. Last year’s event attracted over 300 people in attendance, so this is a unique opportunity to reach new audiences and share your talent with the city of Philadelphia.
HOSTED BY: Jabez Griggs (IG: Jabez_g) & Kennedie Scurry
- Love & Other Mental Illnesses by James Del Brocco. Temple University
- TAD by Trae Taylor, Devin Bannerman, Luisa Rivera-Colon, Yanique Walters, Markajia Garner, Tyraia Stevenson, Vashea Ansley, Lucas Nunez, Rasheed Dawson. Roxborough High School
- Depression, The Man by Felix Schafroth Doty, Mark Kriegh, Juliana Concepcion, Joaquin Thomas, Daouda Njie. Rough Cut Productions at Science Leadership Academy.
- Standing by Quamera Williams and students from the Arts, Communications and Entertainment Academy program at Universal Audenreid.
- Lost and Found by Mariah Harper, Zaria Robinson, Mecca Moore, David Williams, Christion McNeal, Omar English.New Media Technology Charter School/ Big Picture Alliance
- Our America by Alexandria Barth and Vy Ngo. New Foundations Charter High School
- Seams of Society by Nadia Slocum, Chelsea Maddred. Scribe Video Center
- Street Harassment by Jaisha Smalls, Shahaad Barnum, Elizabeth Cauvin, Richard Dean Bergenie Dorvil. WHYY
- Promise Zone by Christine Ellis, Jamal Ross, Mariah Frazier, Daquan Everett, Alexis Jefferson, Steven James. The Bridge. Big Picture Alliance.
- Erasing Erasure by Adrianna, Alexis, Anjelikal, Bersabeh, Camille, Celine, Imani, India, Kori, Nasir, Natalia, Nikolas, Rynira, Shaitia, Takyah, Tracy. POWER Internship at University Community Collaborative.
- The Root by Emmanuel Coreano
- First Kiss by Dre Reed
- Philly P.S.A. Music VIdeo. Lily Xiasenna, Niache Williams, Jennifer Vo, Mahagony Stewart, Ludia Sim, Vicktoria Phanthavong, Alyssa Phan, Michelle Ngo, Allen Morris-Smith, Melonie McKnight, Mikkia Harding, Elijah Garlington, Rahfiq Cole. SEAMAAC, Hip Hop Heritage
- Breathless by Mariah Harper
- Inside the Mind of Nazeer Horner: Young, Gifted & Brave by Roger Castillo
Social Justice Award:
Presented to POPPYN for their engaging, critical and high quality media over the last 5 years, addressing important social issues, through a youth perspective.
- Justin Chase: @JustMadeOfficial (IG) Katelyn Cyril: @KateCyril (IG) Emmanuel Houndo: @MannyH_V ‘One Dance’
- Alex B. ‘Bully’
- KIPP Academy performing ‘Firebird Urban Suite’
Motivos Magazine announces art & writing contests, spring edition magazine launch celebration and summer jobs for youth!
ART: The Motivos- Moore Cycle contest deadline is extended through February 29th. Moore College has partnered with Motivos to encourage high school students to breathe new life into things otherwise seen as trash. Can your students upcycle materials into creative accessories? Have them give it a try, then send photos of your students with their upcycled accessory by the next Monday for a chance to be one of three winners! TerraCycle will award prizes & Moore College will recognize winners at the Motivos spring edition launch celebratory dinner hosted by Moore College of Art & Design on April 1st, 5:30-7:30pm. Furthermore, winners will be published in will Motivos summer edition!
WRITING: See website for the writing prompt for Community Voice and general Call for Submissions for our all sections of our summer edition. The theme is Freedom. Deadline is March 21st.
INVITATION April 1st, 5:30-7:30 at Moore College of Art & Design is the Motivos spring edition celebratory dinner/performance/awards show. You are invited to attend! RSVP here: http://bit.ly/1mFnAB4 Space is limited.
SUMMER JOBS FOR YOUTH Sophomores and older who are interested in paid summer positions at Motivos magazine should send an e-mail with resume. We will send them positions descriptions in April. Summer YouthWorks provides stipends for six weeks, 20 hrs/wk. for students accepted into the Motivos Summer Media Intern program.
Feb. 29th: deadline for Motivos- MooreCycle ART competition
March 21st: deadline for Motivos writing competition
April 1st: Motivos spring edition launch dinner reception at Moore College of Art & Design
April 1st: Motivos Summer Media Intern descriptions available. Send interested students our way.
For more info. visit: Motivosmag.com
Super is a film festival in Romania which only shows films made by teenagers. It is the only one of its kind in Romania, and will feature workshops, concerts, screenings, an exhibition and courses in 2016 (at its 4th edition). Last year’s edition was a success, and they’re expecting an even more enthusiastic audience this year.
They are now looking for international submissions from ages from 14 to 19. After selection, these films could be screened in Bucharest between the 19th and 22nd of June, at one of the most visible cinemas in the city. In exchange, they could also promote your festival/ organization.
The deadline is April 10th. The guidelines for submission can be found here: http://superfestival.ro/…/i…/1731-super-2016-guidelines.html. For additional information, you can contact me at any time at email@example.com. You can also send films to that address.
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Superadolescentii
The universe is waiting to see your film!
If you’re a teenager, submit your film to Super.
Deadline: APRIL 10th.